[gilug] FSF proposa les compres per regalar llibertat i etica tecnologica

Narcis Garcia informatica actiu net
2017-11-23 12:36:36 UTC

https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/

-------- Missatge reenviat --------
Assumpte: 	Give the gift of freedom with the Ethical Technology Giving
Guide
Data: 	Thu, 23 Nov 2017 06:30:21 -0500
De: 	Molly de Blanc <>
Respon a: 	Molly de Blanc <>

Free Software Foundation

*Will you power up the free software movement by supporting the FSF
today? Our annual fundraiser is happening right now
<https://www.fsf.org/appeal>, and we want to welcome 700 new members and
raise $450,000 before December 31st. As a special bonus, all new and
renewing Annual Associate Members ($120+) can choose to receive our new
Four Freedoms t-shirt! Become a member
<https://my.fsf.org/join?pk_campaign=gg3&pk_kwd=join3> or make a
donation <https://my.fsf.org/donate?pk_campaign=gg3&pk_kwd=donate3> today.*

/Read and share online:
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/give-the-gift-of-freedom-with-the-ethical-technology-giving-guide/

With the holidays, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday on the horizon, we
know that a lot of you are on the lookout for cool tech gifts to thrill
your loved ones. However, we also know that you don't want to trap them
with proprietary software and insidious technologies like Digital
Restrictions Management (DRM)
<https://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm_digital_restrictions_management>.

Thankfully, we at the Free Software Foundation (FSF) research the best
user freedom-respecting products available. We're excited to share these
with you in the 2017 Ethical Technology Giving Guide
<https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/v8/>.

Over the past year, the number of Respects Your Freedom
<https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom>
certified products increased dramatically. We saw renewed enthusiasm for
creating DRM-free art, games, and media. We read great books, tried out
new toys, and found even more things to share in the Guide than before.

This year's Giving Guide includes mobile phones, laptops, desktops,
wireless accessories, books, games, music, movies, and a list of
nonprofit charities who are working hard to protect your rights online,
in digital spaces, and in your devices. Sellers are offering discounts
for users of the Guide and FSF members.

If you're looking for something a bit more lo-fi, you can head over to
the GNU Press Shop <https://shop.fsf.org/>. We've got a brand new scarf
and hat set to keep you warm this winter, and plenty of tees to keep you
stylish through this summer (if you're in the Southern Hemisphere). As
always, FSF members get a 20% discount at the GNU Press Shop.

When you're buying gifts this year, please remember that we're not just
trying to protect ourselves from spyware, surveillance, and other
threats brought on by proprietary software. This encroachment of our
rights as users doesn't just affect us. It's not enough to choose to not
buy Google Home or Amazon Alexa for ourselves -- we need to help keep
these proprietary technologies out of the homes of our families,
friends, and loved ones. We can do this by educating them about threats
/and/ helping them make better choices -- and to give you a hand, we've
included talking points with each Giving Guide item to explain why the
proprietary alternative is a bad buy.

Share the Guide with your friends and use it yourself! While we
understand if you want to keep your gifts a surprise, we hope you'll
consider sharing how the Guide directed your choices this year on social
media
<https://www.fsf.org/share?u=https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/v8&t=Shop%20better%20with%20the%20Free%20Software%20Foundation%20Ethical%20Tech%20Giving%20Guide>,
or by emailing us at the FSF.

Happy holidays and happy hacking!

Molly de Blanc
Campaigns Manager

Follow us on GNU social <https://status.fsf.org/fsf> | Subscribe to our
blogs via RSS <https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS> | Join us as an associate
member <https://www.fsf.org/jf>

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
UNITED STATES

Un document HTML ha estat eliminat...

Més informació sobre la llista de correu gilug